A

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 15, 2012

34 Week Update....6 more until due date!

Here it is, Sunday afternoon - another week and weekend have passed.  It is incredible hot outside today (92 degrees right now) and this heat is supposed to hold thru mid to late week.  So thankful to have A/C at our home and where I work, not sure how I would survive without it. 

Well, this week was quite a week!  

First for the basement update - the plumbers came in and installed a huge shower unit, moved a floor drain, moved the utility tub, moved the washer and dryer, set up plumbing for a sink/vanity in the basement bathroom and exchanged our copper plumbing out with PVC and other pipe.  Matt is going to be taking in the copper for money in the next few weeks - the joys of a old home with quality materials.  We are excited to see the amout of money we get for all the copper!!  If that wasn't enough, we had the HVAC/Duct work contractor come in and put in vents and cold air returns in the basement.  Koda loved having the extra guys working in the house - good thing they all loved him!!  Matt didn't take the week off though - he built the framing walls for the bathroom and the storage/furnace room and installed the electrical in the laundry room.  Lots of progress down there - he is hoping to get some more done this next week and get some city inspections checked off his list.  Next big steps are insulation and drywall!!

This weekend my parents came up and we could not have more appreciated their company and help!   My dad was able to provide Matt a break from his exhausting week of work in the basement with 27 holes of golf.  Too bad it was hot and humid, but they managed to still have a great time.  We visited with my aunt, uncles, and cousin's children on Saturday which was so much fun and totally relaxing.  On a big celebration note - we were able to join my parents as they celebrated their 33rd wedding anniversary!!   We went out to dinner at a supper club up in Tomahawk and had a great evening out!!!   Congrats to them on 33 years!!

Well, if you are thinking that my mom and I just sat around, chatting and drinking lemondade - you are sorely mistaken!!!   She helped me go thru our baby girl's room and every single item in it!   I have been trying to get it organized, but I really needed help in determining how much of things I needed out and what sizes to leave out and all those types of things.  We spent a couple of hours on Friday night and a few more on Saturday morning working in there.  I can confidently say that the room is ready, diaper bag is mostly packed, bed and bassinet are made, closet/dresser/bookshelf are organized, and I learned a lot!   We did quite a few loads of laundry, which equals TONS of cute baby clothes, sheets, blankets, and other baby items.  After this weekend, I feel more prepared and ready for baby girl (but am hoping she hangs out inside me for a few more weeks though!)!  THANKS MOM - really appreciate the help, advice, direction and love!!!   I will make another post with pictures of her room later this week for all too see.

This weekend was also the first time my mom has seen baby girl's room and any progress in the basement - I think we shocked her!!!   I know that Matt and I love our daughter's room - so it was great to share it with her, she loved it too!

This next week might be a little slower - not sure if I should write that down or not!!!   We are going to get the car seats installed and Matt is going to get his Pertussis Vaccine.  Those are 2 more large items on the "Before Baby To-Do List!"  The heat will probably slow us down a little bit and I have to admit that I am now slowing down quite a bit too.  I will honestly say that I have started to feel "pregnant" in the last 3 weeks or so; things are getting harder to do, my body gets tired faster, and overall I am slowing down.  I am not complaining because I still feel great (minus those times when baby girl kicks my ribs really hard or squishes my bladder) and have been blessed with a pretty smooth pregnancy.  The end is near, so I will just sit back, relax, enjoy all this crazy baby's movements and get some rest!

Now for all you people who are interested or find belly pictures interesting....here are the shots of my belly at 34 weeks and 2 days. 



No comments:

Post a Comment