A

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, July 20, 2012

Our Little Girl's Room

Here it is, a post about her room!  Some people have been asking about it, so here it is!

The day we found out that she was a girl was the day Matt picked out the paint colors.  Yep, Matt picked them out!  I was thinking purple and orange, but then Matt pulled out a pink and a purple and we were thrilled!!  The colors are not your pale/calm baby room colors - but then again, we don't do stuff by the books/rules!

The crib was a gift from my parents, the rocking chair was always something I wanted for in my baby's room, the dresser was refinished by Matt and I and was actually used up at my grandparent's cabin for years, and the book shelf was something that my uncle Tom built in high school.  Lots of random furniture, but it all works for us!

The painting design was something that I saw on a show on HGTV and for those of you who know, I enjoy painting so I was excited to try something new.  With some planning and Matt gone for the week to an education conference, I painted.  Those were some fun colors to paint with!   I started with just the wall behind her crib, but after a few weeks decided that I wanted to also paint the wall opposite of the first wall.  I am beyond thrilled with the paint job and so far everyone who has seen it in person loves it!!  According to my mom, it looks like it belongs in a magazine.

Couple of really special things that we have in her room - a Pinocchio artwork/print that I fell in love with years ago at my mom's clinic.  I was given the opportunity to purchase it/make a donation and was thrilled that we could add it to our baby girl's room.  It is beyond gorgeous and the pictures don't do it justice!  The other very special thing that we are able to have in her room is a hand painted piece of artwork made by a co-worker of my mom's (Jenny).  It contains a prayer and picture of a baby girl sleeping on a moon - totally perfect and the colors could not look more amazing in there!

I will admit that there are times at night that I do go in her room, sit in the rocking chair and just relax and think about what fun things are ahead for Matt and I.  I love everything about the room and so thrilled that we are able to provide such a wonderful and fun room for her.

So, here are the pictures - they are nice, but they really do not show what the room really looks like.  Enjoy the pictures but remember it looks better in person!!

What you see when you first walk into her room

The view from the hallway

The Pinocchio print above my rocking chair

The wall opposite the crib

Dresser/changing table and book shelf under window


A wall clock I bought off Etsy, it is a record made into a clock!

Artwork!


No comments:

Post a Comment