A

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 10, 2012

The Final Countdown!

Well - here we are, 38 weeks in and 1 week to go!!!   Next Friday (8/17) is still our date to be induced, probably heading to the hospital late Thursday night.  Doctor appointment was good again this week, nothing really new to report.  I am dilated 1-2 cm and the doctor did not rule out me having her before next week - so I guess any day now.

Matt and I are both ready - the majority of the stuff we wanted to have done before she arrived is done.  There are just a few things that didn't quite get done, but there is also more things that got done that were not on the list.  Overall, we are ready and excited to meet our little girl!

I personally am ready for a break from work - it seems like I have not had a day off in a really long time.  Wait, I haven't - I think the last day off I had was back in late 2011, but it will all be worth it when I get to spend all the extra time with our daughter.

Lots of people have been asking me if I have been "nesting" - well, I have but not in the normal cleaning the house, rearranging furniture, and redecorating sense that lots of people have.  I have had a huge urge and want to BAKE!  Yep, that is what I said, bake - cookies, desserts, anything!   That is totally not me since I really don't care to eat any of it.  I have made over 200 frosted sour cream cut out cookies, 2 ice cream cakes, 4 loaves of banana bread, 4 loaves of sour cream coffee cake - and those are just the things I have in the freezer!!   I have baked lots of other cookies and desserts for Matt and his dad as they work in the basement - hey, gotta keep the workers happy!!  Thank goodness you can freeze this stuff and it will be enjoyed when our little bundle arrives and there will be no work involved at that point!

Basement is still moving along.  The guys have sanding and one more coat of mud to do.  Then comes texture and paint!!!  Overall it is still moving along at a great pace which will slow down when baby arrives, which is fine by both of us!!

This next week will be more work in the basement with Steve coming up to help some more.  I will probably be baking again and just waiting for this girl to arrive!  Then, in less than 1 week, Matt and I will be heading to the hospital to welcome our little bundle.

Below are some pictures....belly pictures are at 38 weeks and the pictures of my mom/Matt/Koda were taken at 37 1/2 weeks.  Hopefully the next pictures posted on this blog will be of our baby girl!!

On an ending note....any thoughts or prayers for an early delivery are fine by us.  And if you feel the need to make us wait, thoughts and prayers for a smooth delivery and healthy baby on 8/17 are appreciated!







No comments:

Post a Comment